"Those who have long enjoyed such privileges as we enjoy forget in time that men have died to win them." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Let It Snow


Well, they were right, between 1 - 2 feet.  We are at about 20" of the white stuff.  Not too heavy, could be allot worse.

I had to shovel this morning to let the dogs out.  I had to shovel a dog path for the Bichon and Poodle.  They have short little legs and really don't like the snow much.


The atv actually heated up with this storm.  My temp. light came on a couple of times.  I shut down the machine and let it cool, then back to work.  Well I called the boss at 9:30 to let him know I was still trying to get out, he said take the day.  At 2 pm I finally hit the paved road.



It's not over yet, it's still snowing and the plow guys keep trying to plow me back in.  I'll be playing that cat and mouse game with them for another six hours or so.

4 comments:

  1. Wow-wee that's allot of snow! You're lucky to have the plow on the ATV because with a snowblower, or forbid a shovel, you'd still be out there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Has got to be one of the best purchases I have made. With all the snow we get, it is a lifesaver.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL, tonights weather is calling for another round on Friday 11/21. Next year I need to start my snow piles further back. I'm already running out of room and its only January.

    ReplyDelete