"Those who have long enjoyed such privileges as we enjoy forget in time that men have died to win them." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

A Little Chilly Today

Was it really 20 degrees this afternoon?  I couldn't feel the cold, after my fingers went numb!  I was way under dressed.  I had on a pair of jeans, work boots, and light coat.  I was on my way from work and just happened to drive by one of my spots and just happened to have the black powder gun in the truck.  I put in a quick hour to hour and fifteen.  Man it was cold when that wind blew.  I had to take a stand because the leaves had a layer of ice over them, yeah, like walking through corn flakes.  I have not seen a deer during legal shooting hours since before bow opened!!  I keep telling the wife, if every season was like this I wouldn't be hunting.  Still have a couple of weeks to get it done with the black powder.

No comments:

Post a Comment