"Those who have long enjoyed such privileges as we enjoy forget in time that men have died to win them." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Not Just My Dogs

It's not just my dogs that are the problem.  My older son, Bryan, brought home a puppy.  He is an OTR (over the road) trucker and was in need of some companionship for those long drives.  Memory loss can be a good thing, I don't recall if he changed jobs, the dog hated the truck or his company said no dogs.  It started off with Clover, some sort of beagle mix, just staying with us for a couple of weeks until he could find a good home for her.  Fast forward 1 1/2 years, and it is now "Clover, Clover, Clover, come, come, Clover, Clooovvveeerrrrrrr, I'm gonna kick your ass as soon as I'm done with kickin' Missy's."  I had put up a 3' enclosure for the Poodle and Bichon, which worked great for them.  This beagle/mix can leap it easily, I'm not sure a 5' fence could contain her.  She looks like a gazelle going over the top.  This dog has a beagle bark, have you ever heard a beagle bark/howl.  That sound they make when they are on a rabbit!  It may be music to some people, but that wail goes right through me.  We had actually found people who wanted to take her but my son said no.  I guess our house was the only approved, good home he could find.

Number 2 son comes for a visit every couple of months or so.  He and his girlfriend bring their dogs Bubbles, a Jack Russell momma puppy mill rescue, and Boozer, some kind of bulldog mix slob.  I'm going to start charging admission to view the friggin' zoo that becomes of my house.  "Look Dad, Bubbles is smiling at you."

"Bob, if that dog bites me, it's going in the beating line right behind Clover!  Jesus Christ!  Missy is fixed, get that damn Boozer slob off her!!"

"What are they doing Uncle Scott?  Are they playing?" asks the 8 yr old niece.

"Yeah, well I guess they are Baby Girl.  Bob, Bob, BOB get that............ where are you going?  Out where?  Are we watching your dogs?  What the hell!?"

"Look Uncle Scott, Boozer is now playing with Mr. Winston".

"That's it!!!!  Crate up, crate up, crate up, CRAAAATTTEEE UUPPPPP, Missy I'm gonna beat your ass, crate up!"  The matinee is at noon so step right up to see the greatest show on earth. 


Life can be pretty funny at times and not so funny other times.


No comments:

Post a Comment